Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teenagers, Friends and Bad Decisions

The new, surprising article on the New York times website, "Teenagers, Friends and Bad Decisions" provides us with important facts for dealing with a large problem in the US, teen driving. The study was done over the idea that teenagers with their friends in the car are more likely to crash then when a teen is driving alone. That idea is right, the experiment was done at Temple University and found that teenagers ran about 40 percent more yellow lights and had 60 percent more crashes when they knew their friends were watching. This is a very upsetting number that should not be true. The idea that kids would want to go faster with other teens in the car is scary. I am glad that I am not like this, I feel like I do the complete opposite. If I am running late or in a hurry I will become a little bit more reckless but if someone is in the car, its my responsibility so I slow down. The way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment